In this article , I am going to review HDFC Securities which is one of the major stock broker of India.
About HDFC Securities
HDFC Securities is brokerage arm of its banking parent company HDFC Bank. They started their operation in April 2000 and offer 3-in-1 demat account.
Because of the 3-in-1 demat account, the trading account is directly linked with your banking account. This enables seamless transfer of funds between the accounts.
They have more than 265 branches across India and more than 5 lakh active clients.
HDFC securities offers its services under
- Derivatives (F&O)
- Mutual Funds
- Fixed Deposits
HDFC Securities Brokerage Charges:
Their Brokerage charges are in par with other banking brokers like ICICI Direct and Axis Direct. Below is the details of Brokerage charges of HDFC Securities
|Delivery Based Trades||0.5% or Rs25 whichever is higher|
|Square-Off Trades Cash and Carry Scrips||0.1% of Rs 25 whichever is higher|
|Square-Off Trades Margin Scrips||0.05% or Rs 25 whichever Higher|
|Non-Square Off (Carry Forward Trade)||0.05% or Rs 25 whichever is higher|
|Square-Off Trade||0.025% or Rs 25 whichever is higher|
|Options Brokerage||Higher of 1 percent of premium amount or Rs 100 per lot for both Buy and Sell|
Note: As per government rules, there will be 2.5% upper ceiling for brokerage charge (on transaction value).
HDFC Securities Trading Platforms:
They offer trading applications for all type of medium such as web desktop/loptop and Mobile.
All these softwares are developed in house and not sourced from third party giving them full control.
This is browser based application and hence can be accessed from anywhere with good internet connection.
Some of the salient features are:
- Advanced and interactive charts for technical analysis
- Personalized watchlist
- Research reports and market tips within the browser itself
- Highly customizable trading interface
HDFC Securities BLINK:
You need to install this application in your laptop/desktop. It is well known for its high speed execution and ideally suited for day traders.
Some of the features of HDFC BLINK are:
- Transaction monitoring with order book, trade book and net position
- Shortcuts for Buy, Sell and Order Book etc for quick access
- Single user interface for placing order in equity and Derivative
HDFC Securities Mobile App:
Mobile app is available for Android , IPhone and Blackberry platforms. Best part of it is, app comes in 11 Indian regional languages apart from English.
Some of the other features of this app is,
- Access to investment ideas, market tips and research reports
- Intraday real time interactive charts available
- Possible to trade in equity and F&O with single click
HDFC Securities Account Opening Charges:
- Trading Account Opening Charges : Rs 999
- Trading Account Annual Maintenance Charges : NIL
- Demat Account Opening Charges : NIL
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC) : Rs 750
HDFC Securities Pros and Cons:
Disadvantages of HDFC Securities:
- Trading Platform (HDFC Blink) is not free and monthly subscription charges are applied
- No support for trading in Commodity segment
- Even the SMS based research tips are charged separately
Advantages of HDFC Securities:
- 3-in-1 demat account useful for quick transfer of funds
- NRI account is possible
- Brand name with backing from reputed bank HDFC
- They conduct educative seminars for its customer frequently